Artichoke Bisque serves 4-6
Recipe by Jenn Wulf
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Bay Leaf
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ C Yellow Onion roughly chopped
- 1 C Carrot (peeled and chopped into 1-2” pieces)
- 1 C Celery (ends removed and chopped into 1-2” pieces)
- 1 C Fennel Bulb (chopped into 1-2” pieces)
- 2-4 Garlic cloves - peeled
- ½ oz turmeric root - peeled
- 1 C Sweet Potato (peeled and chopped into 1-2” pieces)
- 2 8oz boxes of frozen artichoke hearts - thawed
- ½ C green lentils - washed
- 2 C Blum Broth
- 8 C Water
- 1 Tbsp White Miso Paste
- (salt and pepper to taste)
- In a large pot add olive oil, bay leaf and thyme. Gently heat your herbs over medium heat to season your olive oil. 2-3 minutes - Keep stirring
- Add onion and saute over med-high heat until translucent. Add Carrot, Celery, Fennel, Garlic and Turmeric and saute for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients: Sweet Potato, Artichoke Hearts, Lentils, Blum Broth, Water and Miso Paste.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and let cook for 20-25 minutes or until all vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and pour mixture into blender (or if you have one- use an immersion blender). Mixture will be hot so be sure to hold down the lid of your blender to keep it from popping off. Puree mixture.
- Soup can be made in advance.
- Serving options:
- Garnish with minced parsley
- Squeeze of lemon
- Spoon of Sour cream
- Drizzle of Coconut cream