By Lisa Malin
A delicious dish filled with anti-inflammatory spices to boost immunity and flavor. This fragrant, nutrient rich dish can play well with roast poultry, fish, meat, tempeh and tofu, should you so desire. It also makes for a delicious, warm salad when served over greens and roasted veggies. We’re all about versatility at Organic Pharmer. Making sure that there are no added obstacles for you to live an anti-inflammatory life.
To take this dish to the next level, serve it with a generous dollop of cool, creamy full-fat Greek, almond or coconut yogurt, avocado, and a dash of smoked paprika.
- 1 large head cauliflower, riced. You can also buy pre-riced. You’ll need about a pound.
- 1 /2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pistachio nuts and chopped almonds work well too).
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or chopped dates
- 2 scallions, sliced into medium size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
How To Make It
- In a large skillet. warm olive oil over medium heat. Add scallions and cook until just wilted.
- Stir in coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, and pepitas to make a spice “paste”.
- Add cauliflower to the skillet, and stir until cauliflower is coated with spice mixture. Stir and cook gently for a few (3 or so) minutes.
- Add golden raisins or chopped dates. Give it another stir. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Top with chopped mint, avocado and/or greek yogurt, a few turns of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste. Enjoy!
Check out our other recipes to help you live an anti-inflammatory life. All of these recipes are great for every day life or before or after a cleanse! Helping you succeed on your path to leading your best, most vibrant life free of chronic disease.