Mediterranean Artichoke Salad
by Jenn Wulf
We set out to create recipes that focused on the almighty artichoke, firstly because artichoke is delicious, we may not all know what to do with it and it is in season right now.
Secondly it has amazing gut health benefits. That's not the only ingredient that promotes gut health though. In this recipe we have the Endive, Celery, Parsley and Apple Cider Vinegar are all good gut health promoters.
- 3 Heads Endive (red or yellow) sliced in half lengthwise, washed and chopped into ½” sections width wise
- 3 large spears of Celery, ends trimmed, sliced thin at an angle
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, cut in half, seeds removed, sliced thin
- 4 Green Onions washed, ends trimmed, sliced thin at an angle
- 2 Tbsp fresh Flat-Leaf Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 can of Artichoke bottoms sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp Non-Pareil Capers Chopped
- ¼ C fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (good quality dressing oil - first press)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add endive, celery, cucumber, green onion, herbs and artichoke hearts to a large bowl. Toss lightly to mix.
- Drizzle lemon juice, cider vinegar and olive oil over mixture. Season with salt and pepper - to taste. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately