You can't have a Thanksgiving without some mashed potatoes, it's a staple. But potatoes and butter do not a healthy dish make. Our take on the mash is a medley of veggies, gluten free and vegan (if you use the avo oil).
- 3 small-med Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, washed, and cubed
- 1 small-med celery root, peeled, washed, and cubed
- 1 small head of cauliflower (1.5-2 Cups) washed and broken down
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- Organic Pharmer Vegan Bone Broth or Vegetable Stock of your choice
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or Avocado Oil
- Fresh Chives, washed and minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium high heat boil potatoes, celery root, cauliflower, garlic and bay leaves in vegetable stock until all vegetables are tender.
- Drain off liquid - reserving some. Remove Bay leaves.
- Using a hand mixer, blend vegetables until pureed. Add oil of choice and blend.
- Add reserved liquid if needed to thin out mash
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix in chives