Hummus is a go to easy dip and side that can be changed for any occasion. This hummus is our harvest hummus recipe, bringing in all those delicious fall flavors. Butternut squash notes come through and the medley of herbs like rosemary, thyme, sage. Experiment change it up and enjoy with your favorite gluten free cracker!
Share with family and friends for optimal enjoyment.
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Cup butternut squash diced the same size as onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed (can substitute navy or great northern here)
- ¼ Cup Tahini Paste
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and chop onion, butternut and herbs
- Toss mixture in olive oil with the ½ tsp salt.
- Roast on a parchment lined sheet pan at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until the onion and squash are soft and caramelized
- While vegetables are roasting drain and rinse beans.
- In a food processor add beans, tahini, and garlic. Turn on. While the mixture is breaking down add in cider vinegar and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Turn off.
- Once veggies are roasted add them to the food processor with the bean and tahini mixture. Puree.
- Add extra olive oil until the mix is desired consistency and salt and pepper to your taste preferences.
- Garnish with fresh parsley